Company Info: We are a small a team of veteran engineers and scientists building a business which spans from atom to consumer.
We are looking for an ambitious and hands-on high tech manufacturing expert to develop improvements to a very unique PECVD deposition technology. You will conceive and evaluate new ideas, create innovative solutions as new problems develop, coordinate other team members to implement and test modifications to both equipment and process, and transfer these projects to the production floor. The job will require combining knowledge of physics, chemistry, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, simulation technology and control systems. A desire to work on a small nimble team is a must.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Operation of R&D equipment to test new components, develop new process, and expand limits of operation
- Architecting, specifying and/or designing improvements to equipment hardware and software
- Collecting and presenting data on equipment and process performance
- Identifying and utilizing resources to efficiently advance projects such as simulation technology, equipment, software, and consultants
- Consult on hardware functionality problems escalated from the production department
- Be an expert on equipment performance and proper operation, provide guidance to other engineers on all equipment sub-systems including electrical, thermal, plasma, vacuum, metrology and gas delivery
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science with an emphasis on Physics
- Experience designing or specifying modifications to equipment
- 5+ years of hands on experience in R&D for high tech manufacturing
- Ability to confidently operate complicated and untested prototype hardware
- Self starter, capable of identifying needs and implementing solutions without help
- Effective communicator, must be comfortable transferring knowledge to other teams
- Must be attentive to problems brought by production with a “customer service” attitude
A highly qualified candidate will have a subset of these skills:
- Knowledge of UHV manufacturing, especially PECVD
- Software: JMP or other statistical analysis package, CAD (Solidworks, etc.), Simulation Software
- Experience with Tableau or other statistical analysis software
- Experience working hands-on with semiconductor style manufacturing equipment
- Experience with design of experiments
We are a well funded startup team. Title and compensation will be commensurate with experience and include an ownership stake in the company.